Berehove city
Berehove district City

Berehove city

Berehove city

Berehove city was part of the Kingdom of Hungary (11th century - 1920) with the name of Beregszász   in the Bereg megye (county) and was the capital of Bereg megye prior to WWI. Next, it was part of Czechoslovakia (1920 - 1938) with the name of Berehovo   in Podkarpatská Rus (Sub-Carpathia). During the period 1938 - 1944, it was again part of the Kingdom of Hungary, but after WWII, it became part of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic (1945-1991) with the name of Beregovo   and, since 1991, known as Berehove in the Berehove rayon (district) of Zakarpats'ka oblast (county) of the Ukraine.
Berehove is located 16 miles S of Mukacheve (Munkács) and is 3 miles (5 km) from the border crossing point to nearby Hungary (on the Great Hungarian Plain).

Website: beregovo-beregszasz.gov.ua

     

Berehove district

City Berehove district