St. Paraskeva Church in Oleksandrivka village
Khust district Church

St. Paraskeva Church in Oleksandrivka village

Oleksandrivka village

The wooden church of St. Paraskeva is the jewel in the crown of Oleksandrivka village, Khust district. Although the sanctuary was first mentioned by Mukachevo Archbishop Olshanskyi in 1751, the building shows signs of the 15-16th century style in architecture. As of today, the church faces total decline as the dust of many years covers the carved iconostasis and the old roof lets in rainwater that is incessantly destroying both the church and 200-yeal-old murals. However, one can still tell 1779 paintings by artist Stefan Terebelskyi.

     

Khust district

Church Khust district