Church of St. Nicholas (Bystry village)
Svalyava district

Church of St. Nicholas (Bystry village)

Bystry village

The church of St. Nicholas in Svaliava-Bystry originally built in 1588, later restored in 1759 is one of the few Lemko churches in Transcarpathia resembling those found in northeast Slovakia. It's arcaded porch with exquistely carved posts and supports demonstrates the craftsmanship of the individuals who built it. The eastern room of this church is polygonal in design. The design of this particular church reflects its symmetry and harmony with its surroundings.

     

Svalyava district

More Svalyava district